Principles of LEAN Construction
Some principles of lean construction include:
- Stakeholders are involved in front end planning and design through cross functional teams
- Making continuous improvements in the process and workflows
- Utilize BIM to allow for any value-added pre-fabrication as well as design-assist that can eliminate the duplication of design, submittal, and fabrication process.
- Eliminating construction waste and inefficient construction methods
- Applying Just-In-Time (JIT) construction practices
- Define value from the customer’s perspective
- Ensure a smooth flow of value added activities
These values emphasize collaboration, reliability of scheduling and delivery of the most value while consuming the fewest resources.